The Tubebarrier flood defences consists of a PVC material and requires virtually no maintenance.
Maintenance flood barrier
The Material of the Tubebarrier flood defences has proven itself already for many years. In strength and temperature fluctuations also it is mold and rot-free. When the flood defences is used for flood protection, after the water has receded, it might be wet and dirty. At the top of the Tubebarrier there are (ventilation) holes where you can simply put in a (garden) hose to clean the inside. This should be easy, because when the water level subsides, it will also run out the dirt which might have been in the Tubebarrier.
It is best to let the Tubebarrier dry before putting in back in storage. Tubebarrier units are 10 meters long and come in bulk bins. These bins are closed plastic containers in which, the Tubebarrier should be stored when dry. If not stored dry, the Tube might smell funky. We advice to thoroughly inspect the elements one once a year for any defects. It is evident that you should contact us in case of a damaged element before trying to carry out the repair yourself.
Overall maintenance flood defences
In overall, you don`t have to do a lot for maintenance, the material is easy to clean. Also after years you can clean the Flood Barrier verry easy. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the maintenance, let us know.
Maintenance material for storage
- It is strongly recommended to wash and dry the water barrier before storing it. This allows you to check for any damages that may have occurred during use. Cleaning the product with a pressure washer is strongly recommended. Dirt and trapped in humidity do not affect the quality or the resistance of the barrier, but could lead to unpleasant smells when the barrier is used again.
- Make sure that the drainage tubes that are located under the barrier are stored clean and dry in the box.
- Remove the Tubebarrier from its packaging at least once a year and subject it to an inspection.
- Keep the anchors clean from dirt and allow them to dry well before they are put into storage. This prevents any oxidation of the material.
- Keep the zipper clean from dirt, let it dry well before it goes into the package. It is recommended that the zipper be injected once a year with a predetermined spray. This keeps the zipper smooth and will make it easier to zip together.
- For long term storage make sure that you use a dry and vermin free location to prevent damage of the Tubebarrier.
- Maintenance can also be outsourced via the Tubebarrier service department.
- If damage occurred, repair it as quickly as possible or replace the element that contains the damage.
- Contact us for answers and advice before you carry out a repair yourself.
- If a reinforcement bar or a drainage hose shows damage or defects, it must be replaced. This can be ordered via email@example.com.
Options for repair:
- Water-resistant Tape on a roll, used in emergency repairs when the barrier is in use.
- Bonding the supplied PVC tarpaulin repair piece. This is possible when no water runs through the damage (yet).
- Welding of supplied PVC tarpaulin repair piece. Only when the Tubebarrier is not yet in use, it is best to repair it with a hot air blow dryer and an extra piece of PVC tarpaulin., Ask us for the possibilities.